|Contact Social Services
Social Services Director - Ron King
9324 West Street
Manassas, VA 20110
Eligibility Fax: 703-361-6933
Services Fax: 703-361-9506
Admin & Housing Fax: 571-921-8806
Department of Social Services Advisory Board
Hours of Operation
Lobby - Monday, Tue, Thur. & Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Office - Monday, Tue. Thur. & Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesdays- Lobby & Office open at 10:15 a.m.
The City of Manassas Department of Social Services strives to provide opportunities which promote the stability, self-sufficiency and well being of its residents by:
- Assisting with basic needs
- Protecting children
- Providing information and referrals to community resources
Public Assistance Programs
- You may apply on-line from any location that has internet access. Most programs will require an interview.
- Screening is done daily for emergency food stamp cases
New Magi Adults (Medicaid Expansion)
er 1, 2018
- The local department is one of five application paths: Additional application paths include:
VDSS Enterprise Call Center (1-855-635-4370);
The Marketplace (healthcare.gov); and
- Coverage begin date is January 1 and in general is for:
Adults age 19-64, not Medicare eligible;
Income from 0% to 138% FPL
- Governors Access Plan (GAP) and Planned First (PF) individuals (less than 138%) will be automatically enrolled (letters have already been mailed to GAP, letters will be mailed to PF to inform them of coverage)
- SNAP and Parents of Children will be contacted to inform them that they may now be eligible for health coverage. They must either:
Call CoverVA Call Center to complete process;
Complete process via CommonHelp.
- For additional information including questions about coverage, go to www.coverva.org or call 1-855-242-8282. Individuals who are deaf or hearing impaired can call 1-888-221-1590.
Operation Turkey sponsored by the SERVE campus of NVFS. If you receive SNAP or TANF assistance from the City of Manassas Department of Social Services, you may be eligible for this program.
Registration for Operation Turkey 2018
Untrim-A-Tree sponsored by Volunteers of Prince William. If you have children age newborn to 12 years of age, you can apply for the Untrim-A-Tree program.
Registration for Untrim-A-Tree 2018