Volunteer and Donate
If you have some time on your hands, here are some good suggestions of how you can fill that time.
Interested in volunteering with the Red Cross. Visit Become a Red Cross Volunteer
Volunteer Prince William
As our communities face the unusual circumstances created by the coronavirus pandemic, many individuals would like to volunteer to help in some way. Volunteer Prince William is designated by Prince William County and the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park to provide coordination of unaffiliated volunteers during emergency declarations. If you would like to be contacted to help during the COVID 19 outbreak, please register at www.VolunteerPrinceWilliam.org.
When you are completing your registration form be sure to check the box that asks if you wish to receive a disaster notification. If you are already registered as a volunteer on the Volunteer Prince William website, please log in to update user data and check the box to indicate that you wish to receive a disaster notification.
When Volunteer Prince William receives requests for volunteers in the greater Prince William area they will send emails out to those volunteers who have indicated they want to receive a disaster notification and will include instructions on what to do if interested in volunteering to help meet that request. It may be a bit of a process and may also include a liability waiver form. For questions or help registering, please call Bonnie Fulford at 571-292-5302.
Making Your Own Masks
The spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has led to a worldwide shortage of protective face masks. Right now, it’s important to save N95 respirators for medical professionals caring for patients with COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), homemade masks offer much less protection than surgical masks and N95 respirators – but are better than having none at all when leaving the house. Instructions:
Human Services Alliance of Greater Prince William
The Human Services Alliance of Greater Prince William has created a disaster relief fund to help those in our community (Prince William County, City of Manassas, City of Manassas Park) impacted by Covid-19. Together we can make a difference. Learn more by visiting Human Services Alliance of Greater Prince William.
RED CROSS PLASMA
At this time, the Red Cross is working closely with FDA to develop a process to identify and qualify individuals who have recovered from the virus and have the necessary antibodies to participate in this effort. The link for potential donors is RedCrossBlood.org/plasma4covid.
NOVANT Health UVA
The Hospital asks that anyone interested in donating goods and services, contact NHUVA.SR@novanthealth.org prior to making any donation. Include detailed information about goods or services that are available for donation and a contact phone number.
ST. LUCY’S PROJECT
Food Pantry (703) 479-2975. 8426-28 Kao Circle Manassas, VA 20110
NVFS SERVE – Manassas
- Drop-Off Location: NVFS SERVE Campus, 10056 Dean Dr, Manassas, VA 20110
- Mail donations to: NVFS Headquarters, 10455 White Granite Drive #100, Oakton, VA 22124
- Amazon Wish List. On the shipping address page, select NVFS HQ—this will ship it to the Oakton office. On the gift message, please include your name & address so that they can properly acknowledge the generous donation.
HOUSE OF MERCY
- Food Pantry is still open to anyone in need! Monday - Friday from 10am - 4pm
- The Food Pantry does need food and monetary donations to continue to serve the community. They have suppliers who can still ship food so monetary donations are most needed. Food, gift cards, and monetary donations are accepted Monday-Friday from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm at the food pantry receiving door located at 8170 Flannery Court, Manassas, VA. Note: Use the receiving door located in the back. Knock on the red door and return to your car. A staff member will be out to assist you.
- Food Pantry Hours: 9 am-3 pm Monday – Friday
- Senior Link – receive regular check-in calls (703) 368-4141
- Home Delivery – receive food to your home if you are 70+ or have a physical disability (703) 441-8606 Ext. 28
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY FOUNDATION
The NOVA COVID-19 Emergency Student Aid Fund will help with the rapid delivery of emergency aid to students who need it most. NOVA’s aim is to meet students’ basic needs to help them stay in school and complete the semester. The goal is to raise $750,000 to provide at least 1,500 grants of $500 each.
By Email: email@example.com
By Phone: 703-323-3023
Donations Also Accepted At:
- Custom Ink has started a campaign to get supplies to communities in need. You can buy one of their shirts and support Feeding America to help people facing hunger across the United States.
- Doctors Without Borders is sending aid to the countries hit hardest by COVID-19 and strengthening the infection controls in its already established programs, as well as maintaining existing help in the 70-plus countries it regularly assists.
- The World Health Organization is coordinating efforts across the world to respond to existing cases and prevent the novel coronavirus from spreading.
- Oxfam America is organizing efforts to increase the delivery of clean water and sanitary supplies to refugees and those living in higher-risk environments.
- The Red Cross is in desperate need of blood donations if you’re in a position to do so.
- World Central Kitchen is delivering chef-prepared meals to those in need.
- Team Rubicon, a veteran-based company that provides services during natural disasters and emergencies, has assembled teams across the country to help with logistics, packaging and distributing food, and even supplementing hotline staffing.
- The Community Foundation of Northern Virginia now has a COVID-19 response fund for Northern Virginia supporting those disproportionately impacted by Coronavirus and its economic consequences.
For healthcare workers and first responders
- Airbnb hosts will provide housing for 100,000 health care workers, first responders, and relief workers around the world.
- Allbirds is donating a pair of Wool Runners to medical professionals fighting COVID-19.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you qualify.
- Aerosoles is donating sneakers to healthcare and other essential workers.
Email email@example.com to request a pair.